We've all done one or more of these things when it comes to books. See how many of them you recognize in yourself. And ask me things! I love getting new ideas for "reasons" and I love seeing people who like the reasons. If you want one of your reasons up, just ask and I'd be happy to make you one. Or email me your requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Reasons coming tomorrow. I promise! It would have happened tonight but my laptop is dying and I can’t find my charger.
for now thank you to everyone who participated! If you still want a Blind Date with a Book and don’t want to wait for another giveaway you can get them at my ETSY shop!
I’m so psyched to get people reading! (ONE DAY THIS BLIND DATE WILL MAGICALLY BE SKETCH!!!!!!)
Okay, so I checked out her etsy for blind dates with books, and I’m sure you all would love it. Perfect for the book addicts I know you all are. $20 for a book, some tea, and a special note. That seems like the best kind of date to me.
Hi, anon! I actually have posted this once (it’s reason #22, if you’re curious). But thanks for submitting. I do appreciate it! And I only got this one submission, so it’s good that you tried again. ^_^
I get a kick out of some of the things you comment with. Thanks for making my day, my little addicts!
Thanks for tagging me, ladycrookshanks!!!!
1. always repost the rules
2. answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, and write ten new ones
3. tag 10 people and link them to the post
4. Tell them you have tagged them
1.If you could choose one book in which you could live for one day, which book would you choose?
- I’d have to choose… probably the Gallagher Girls books. I always liked the idea of their being a spy school for girls, and I love all things spies. It’d be my dream come true to be able to go to the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Woman.
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
-Rainbow Crow! It’s a picture book based off a Native American legend on how fire came to the earth and how the crow’s feathers are black and it’s voice crackly. It’s my favorite children’s book.
3. Although they say “the movie is always better,” can you think of a movie that is better than the book it was based on?
-Everyone is going to hate me, but I love the Eragon movie so much better than the book. I saw the movie before the book, and it just appealed to me so much better. I can’t even finish the last book of the series.
4. What do you think about writing and highlighting in books?
-I do it in textbooks, and every once in a while I’ll put those plastic tabs throughout a book. But I have such problems doing it with highlighters. I had to do it once for a copy of Alice in Wonderland, and I couldn’t focus on what I was reading. If it helps you remember things, that’s great, and I can read over your marks. But I can’t get past it with my OCD if I do it.
5. Which book would you recommend to a stranger?
-I feel likeI recommend books to strangers all the time, but now my followers are like my family, I guess. Um… I think I’d recommend… For adults “Can You Keep A Secret?” by Sophie Kinsella, and for kids, probably “That Summer” by Sarah Dessen.
6. What’s your favorite book quote (at the moment)?
-“Just listen.” It’s a reoccuring quote from Sarah Dessen’s book “Just Listen,” but when I read it in high school, the quote just stuck with me, and it’s something that I play in my head over and over.
7. Hard-cover or paperbacks?
-Hard-covers. I feel like I destroy paperbacks, so if I have the option, I’m buying hard-covers. They can handle being bumped around in my computer case while I’m at school, or my purse if I’m at the barn.
8. You’re meeting your favorite author, what do you ask him or her?
-“What gave you the idea to write (blah blah blah).” I’ve met Ally Carter at a book signing, which was amazing, so the next author I’d have to meet on my list is Sarah Dessen.
9. What book is on top of your to-read list?
-God, that’s a hard one. It’s going to make everyone really sad, but I haven’t finished a book in months. I’m reading currently about ten. The next book I’d have to read would probably be… my Sailor Moon anime, 3rd book.
10. Which book are you currently reading, and what do you think of it?
- I’m reading “The Hobbit,” which I love, “The Iron Daughter,” which I just started, a book on Wattpad called “The Before” which is okay,” and “The Finding” by Nicky Charles which I just started.
1. What book would you save in a fire?
2. Can you reread books?
3. Who is your favorite author, and why?
4. What book will you never read?
5. You have to choose between your two favorite authors. Who are they, and how do you choose?
6. What is the longest period it has taken you to read a book?
7. What was your favorite book that you read in school?
8. What genre do you tend to read?
9. Where do you read books? (in your room with the music on, on a lawn chair in the sun, in a lion’s cage…)
10. Library or book store? Why?
(half are people I follow, half are some followers)